Registration, Student Records & Transcripts, and Work Permits

If you need assistance with translations, please see Translation Services | Bedford Public Schools (
Reference Documents:
Registration Process:

Bedford Public Schools has an online registration with an Aspen family account. You will submit registration paperwork and supporting documentation electronically.

  • Use the Registration Documents Checklist to gather the required documentation before filling out your registration.
  • Create an Aspen family account.
    • Families with children already enrolled in Bedford Public Schools need to use their existing Aspen family portal account.
    • Families new to Bedford Public Schools need to create an account.
      • To start, go to the Aspen parent portal using a computer. Automated account creation is currently not supported on cell phones.
      • Under the Login ID box, select "Request an Account."
      • Complete the required information and select "Create My Account."
      • You will receive an email confirmation from Aspen.
      • For new accounts your email address is the Aspen Login ID.
      • You can send an email to for assistance with Aspen accounts.
  • Sign in to Aspen and Begin Online Registration
    • To start, go to the Aspen parent portal and sign in.
    • In the New Student Registration section, select the "Initiate" button.
    • Follow the prompts in the registration window.
    • You can save your progress and return to the registration at a later time. To resume a registration, select the green check mark next to your student's name in the New Student Registration section.
    • You will be prompted to upload your documentation paperwork in the "Documents" tab. 
    • Click on the "Submit" button at the end of the registration process.

Assistance with Student Registration and School Records:

Questions about registering your child with Bedford Public Schools or obtaining their academic records can be directed to the Registrar at the appropriate school for each child.

  • Lt. Eleazer Davis Elementary (Grades K-2): Tami Heywood at 781-275-6804 **please see below for additional details regarding to Kindergarten and First Grade registration.**
  • Lt. Job Lane Elementary (Grades 3-5): Karen Lua at 781-275-7606
  • John Glenn Middle School (Grades 6-8): Serena Danielson at 781-275-3201
  • Bedford High School (Grades 9-12): Nancy Powell at 781-275-1700 ext. 4407

Please review the Bedford Public Schools Residency Policy (updated March 14, 2023) before proceeding with registration.

*HAFB FAMILIES - PLEASE NOTE* - Bedford Public Schools are open only to those students who reside in Bedford and for High School students of active duty families residing on Hanscom AFB (HAFB). If you reside at HAFB and need assistance placing your child in school, please contact the Hanscom AFB School Liaison via the website here. Bedford does not participate in School Choice. You may find these policies here.

Kindergarten Registration & Policies:

The policy for admission to Bedford Kindergarten has been developed so that all children will be successful in their first years of school. For the purpose of this policy, the school year is defined as beginning July 1st and ending the following June 30th in accordance with the Department of Education Regulations.
The purpose of this policy is to define the entry age for Bedford residents and to provide some flexibility for students who move to Bedford from communities that have a different eligibility date for starting kindergarten and first grade.
Kindergarten Entrance
Children must be 5 years old by August 31st of the school year to be eligible to attend Bedford Public Schools kindergarten class (BPS Policy JEB)
A child's parent may request an exception if:
1.  the family has moved to Bedford from another community, and
2.  the child has attended a full day public or independent kindergarten (not daycare) program for 90 school days or more, and 
3.  the child has turned 5 by October 31st of the current school year.
In order to petition for early entrance, parents must provide the school with the following:
1.  letter requesting early admission, including information about the child's schooling and
2.  current report from his/her kindergarten program including data regarding social and academic performance, and
3.  a parent questionnaire about the child's development.
Additionally, the Davis School staff will complete an academic and social assessment of the child's functioning similar in nature to the annual screening process.
A decision regarding the child's eligibility for the Bedford public school kindergarten program will be made on an individual basis, utilizing the above information and will be determined by the Davis School Early Entrance Team, comprised of the Principal, kindergarten teacher and Early Childhood Coordinator.

First Grade Registration & Policies:

Children must be six years old by August 31st of the school year in order to enter first grade in Bedford with provision for those who entered under the exceptions above. The option for early entrance to grade one does not apply to Bedford residents who have chosen to send their underage children to a private or public kindergarten program. These children must be six years old by August 31st in order to enter first grade, without exception. (BPS Policy JEB)
Children who have completed a full year of kindergarten at an independent or public school (not daycare) in another town or state and then move to Bedford are eligible for the Bedford first grade program.
A child who moves to Bedford during the school year from an accredited independent or public school first grade class will be enrolled in a first grade class in Bedford.
The final decision regarding early entrance will be made by the Davis School Early Entrance Team, comprised of the Principal, kindergarten teacher and Early Childhood coordinator.
The Bedford Public School reserves the right to review the placement of any underage child after 30 school days and to change the grade level placement if deemed appropriate by the professional staff, in consultation with the students parents.


For information on Transportation, please Click Here.

Home Language Survey & Translation/Interpretation:

When you register your son/daughter with Bedford Public Schools you will complete the Home Language Survey. If you indicate that, at home, you speak a language other than English, you are entitled to have school documents translated where practicable into your primary/home language. You are also entitled to have oral interpretation services at meetings and of documents, if needed. Please use the form below to request these services. If you need assistance with this form, please contact Carrie Powers, ELL Director K-12, at (781) 275-7606 ext. 4862.

Student Work Permits:

If you child requires a Student Work Permit, please complete the Youth Employment Form and contact the Bedford High School Registrar, Nancy Powell, at 781-275-1700 ext. 4407 to receive the work permit.