Aspen Attendance and Grade Notifications
Parents and students can now receive email notifications for Attendance and Grade entries in Aspen. The system allows you to subscribe to these notifications. They are not sent until you subscribe to them. The email message is sent daily at approx 4pm. Messages are only sent if you subscribe and if an attendance or grade event as described below has been entered that day.
This subscription will notify you of any attendance entry for this student.
This subscription will notify you when any grades below a specified threshold are entered for this student. Grades are scaled as a percent from 0 to 100. If a student receives a class assignment or test grade that is below the specified threshold, a notification will be sent to your email address. The threshold should be a number from 0 to 100. For example, an entry of 75 would trigger a notification for any grade entered that scaled below 75%.
To sign up for these notifications:
- Log into your Parent or Student Aspen Account.
- Click on Set Preferences in the upper right.
- Click on the Security Tab.
- Enter your email address in the Primary Email Address field.
- Click OK to close Preferences window.
- Parent Accounts should then click on the Family tab at the top, then click on their child's name. Student account users should click on the My Info Tab at the top.
- Click on the Notification side tab.
- Check off the Notification(s) you want to enable.
- Enter a grade threshold if you are activating the grade notification.
Please note that parents with multiple children need to activate these notifications for each of their children. The grade notifications only apply to assignment grades on the Academics Tab. Transcript grades posted at the end of each quarter or at Progress report time do not trigger these notifications.