Emergency Card Update Instructions
Follow the instructions below to fill out your emergency card on the Aspen Parent Portal. An Adobe PDF version of these instructions with screen shots can be downloaded and used by clicking here.
Before you try to login, be sure you have enabled pop up windows from x2.bedford.k12.ma.us. Many computers have more than one pop up blocker installed. Most web browsers have their own pop up blocker and tool bars such as Google or Yahoo also can have their own pop up blocker. If you do not know how to enable pop ups from one web site (x2.bedford.k12.ma.us), then you should allow all pop ups while using Aspen.
- Go here.
- Log in with the username and password you received in the mail. If you did not receive a username and password, please contact via email.
- If this is the first time you have logged into Aspen, your password is expired. You will be forced to create a new password as you login by re-entering the password from the letter sent home and entering a new password twice. If the pop up window to pick a new password does not appear, you have not allowed pop up from x2.Bedford.k12.ma.us in all your pop up blockers.
- Your new password must be 6 character minimum and have at least one capital letter and one number. Password are case sensitive.
- Once you are logged in, you can start the Emergency Card Update process - click on the initiate button in the Tasks area to the right.
- Leave the Workflow set to Contact Verification and the date to today's date.
- Click on the magnifying class to choose one of your children. You will need to run this workflow task once for each child you have in the school system.
- Click on the button next to your child's name and click ok to select them.
- Click next to go to step 2 of the wizard.
- Any current information we have in the system will appear in the boxes on step 2. Correct or fill in all the fields. Please be sure to scroll down to see all the fields.
- Click on the Contacts tab at the top to see the list of Parent/Guardian Contacts
- Click on each contact name and update the information. Click OK to save the information.
- Davis School parents should also fill in the information on the Davis School Only tab.
- When you have completed filling in the fields, click next
- Click Finish
- If you have more than one child in the Bedford Schools - return to step 5 to run the Contact Verification for each child you have.
The changes you submit will be reviewed by the school office and posted to your child's student record.