From: Bedford School Lunch Program
Re: Nutrikids for the Cafeteria
Bedford Public School cafeterias are currently using a computerized Point of Sale (POS) system named Nutrikids in all our schools. Included in Nutrikids is an online payment system called MySchoolBucks. You can set up an account for your student at MySchoolBucks.com. start by entering your students Bedford Public School student ID number. Follow the prompts to complete set up of an account. Each student has their own personal meal account within the Nutrikids system. Students access their account when they input their 4 digit PIN number into a PIN pad at the cash register. PIN numbers are assigned to students grade three and above and remain with the student through grade 12. Students at the Davis School use a preprinted lunch card which is located in a card holder just outside the cafeteria. Students transitioning to the Lane School will receive their new pin numbers by mail the week before school begins. It is recommended that all students remember their pin number, as this will make the meal lines move faster.
We encourage parents to deposit money into the student’s account online however, please note a $1.95 fee is charged by Myschoolbucks for this tranaction. You may still make prepayments directly to the cafeteria or our office by check (this will eliminate the $1.95 fee). Please make a check payable to Bedford School Lunch Program and include your student’s name on the memo line or envelope so it is deposited into the correct account.
If your student has qualified for free or reduced price lunch and breakfast this information is securely contained within Nutrikids. Their meal transaction is processed just as it is for all other students there is no need to be concerned for a potentially uncomfortable situation for the student.
If you are concerned about a food allergy you may notify our office and we can place a note on your students account. A warning note will dispaly on the cashier’s screen for a quick review of the items on the student’s meal tray.
Nutrikids is an efficient program which helps our service lines to move swiftly. Thank you in advance for using Nutrikids and myschoolbucks. https://www.myschoolbucks.com
Please see below for further information.
FEATURES OF THE COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM
Benefits for Parents and Students
- When the account is prepaid you can be sure that your student is only using that money for nutritious lunches/breakfasts served in our cafeteria.
- Lunch is defined as a choice of entrée, milk choice, vegetable, fruit and grain (or bread).
- Prepaid accounts for all students allows parents to deposit money in their student’s account, up to $120 without concerns about giving their student the exact change every morning.
- For those students receiving free or reduced meals, their meals will be rung up as all the other meals are. No one will know whether they are receiving a free or reduced meal or debiting their account, except for the cashier.
- Lunch lines move faster when meals are prepaid, thus providing students extra time to enjoy their lunch period.
- Students can prepay on the line or parents can send in checks (with the student ID# on it), and students can give this to the cashier right in the lunch line. All student ID numbers are confidential.
- Pin pads are located at every terminal; they provide ease of use and allow for quick transactions.
- Prepayment allows for better security rather than cash.
- Once the transaction has been completed, your student will know his/her account balance.
- Students may use any register. When a lunch or breakfast is recorded at one register, it will automatically be recorded on the other registers.
- When student accounts get low, students will be informed at the register of their balance.
- You can send in prepayment monies at any time.
- Regular lunches are $2.70 at Lane and Middle School, $3.10 for the High School. Breakfast costs from $1.30 to $1.75 at the High School only. Reduced breakfast is price $.30 and Reduced price lunch cost $.40 each.
- Checks should be made payable to Bedford School Lunch Program.
- When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID# on the face of the check. If you send in cash please indicate on the face of the envelope, the student’s ID#.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Bedford School Lunch Program office at 781-275-9129.
Follow the Menu link below for the current month's lunch menu for each respective school. Also, check out Pricing for the latest lunch prices and for information regarding the pre-paid debit lunch card at the Davis School. For more information regarding school lunch nutrition, follow the Nutritional Information link below.