Students in Grades K-2 will have a wide variety of musical experiences in general music classes. The curriculum encompasses all nine of the National Standards for Music:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music with specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Please visit our Davis School Website for more information